In Summon, I found a "Full Text Online" link that does not work.
83 views |
Last updated on Dec 23, 2016
Summon is a portal that searches almost 200 different databases, catalogues, and other web resources; each with a different configuration and metadata standards. Given this volume of information, sometimes links to external resources are temporarily broken.
But trust that Summon is correct; the article, ebook, or streamed video that is indicated as being available in a database collection usually is accessible. You just need to do a little extra work to get it! If you see an error message after clicking a "Full Text Online" link from Summon:
- try staying in the external database, then look for the "Search" button, or try clicking on the logo for the database (for ex.: GALE Academic OneFile, EBSCOhost Art & Architecture source, etc.)
- from the Summon results list, try cutting and pasting the title of the article, video, or image into the external database search box; note that for exact phrases you can use quotation marks to search for the exact title of the article you are looking for.
Usually this will then lead you to the article. Note that if you are looking for a full text journal article, you can also try:
- type the NAME of the journal in Journals A - Z (do not type the title of the article, but the journal's name, such as Artforum, Canadian Art, IAQ, etc.)
- click the TITLE of the database that includes the journal title.
- on the database ejournal page, either BROWSE for the article using volume, issue, page numbers OR oftentimes you can keyword SEARCH words from the article TITLE within the ejournal.